News from SLA, Hurricane Sandy Relief Initiatives
Posted on | November 14, 2012
Written by | BevNetwork
From the SLA: Governor Cuomo announced today that due to the impact of Hurricane Sandy, current licensees in New York City and the counties of Westchester, Nassau, Suffolk and Rockland, whose licenses are due for renewal in October or November, will automatically receive a 60 day grace period, after the expiration date, during which they may continue to operate.
Additional SLA relief initiatives announced by the Governor include:
- Extension of Retailers’ Time to Pay Distributors — Retailers will have an additional 15 business days to submit payment to wholesalers for deliveries made in affected areas. To view the new due dates please click here Hurricane Sandy Delinquency COD Relief
- Free License Replacement – The SLA will provide, free of charge, replacement license certificates for those lost or damaged due to Hurricane Sandy.
- New Year’s Eve Permits – The deadline for applying for New Year’s Eve “all night permits” will be extended for licensees in the affected areas, from November 16 to December 1. To download a permit application, click here Special Events Permit Application
- Conditional Approval Extensions – Any applicant whose license application was conditionally approved during the week of Hurricane Sandy will be granted an additional 60 days to meet the conditions of approval, with further extensions considered upon request. Similarly, conditions of approval for alterations will be extended for an additional 60 days.
- Temporary Licenses – Businesses currently operating on temporary licenses (temporary retail permits), may request to have these licenses extended for an additional 30 days. To download a permit application, click here Temporary Retail Permit Application
- Special Event Permits – Upon request, full refunds will be provided for events cancelled due to Hurricane Sandy. Permittees seeking to reschedule an event will be issued new permits at no additional cost, regardless of whether the event is moved to a new location.
- Deficiency Letters – Applicants who filed applications during the week of Hurricane Sandy, or who received a deficiency letter during that time, will have 40 days, rather than the regular 20, to correct the deficiencies.
- Deferral of Civil Penalties – Licensees owing civil penalties due during the period of October 26 – November 30, are granted an additional 30 day extension from the original due date.
For additional information regarding Hurricane Sandy relief or to request a refund or temporary permit, please contact the SLA at email@example.com or call (518) 474-3114.